This section of the site is designated to answer your questions about delivery and packing of parcels.
The city of Riga and the appurtenant areas are split into 5 zones
Map with zones:
* zone 5 embraces such cities and populated areas as: Jurmala (from Majori till Kauguri), Dzilnuciems, Sebruciems, Spuņciems, Olaine, Jaunolaine, Carnikava, Garkalne, Silakrogs, Zakumuiza, Mucenieki, Cekule .
Latvia: divided per cities and other populated areas.
The main cities are: Aizkraukle, Aluksne, Balvi, Bauska, Cesis, Duagavpils, Dobele, Gulbene, Jelgava, Jekabpils, Kraslava, Kuldiga, Liepaja, Limbazi, Ludza, Madona, Ogre, Preili, Rezekne, Saldus, Talsi, Tukums, Valka, Valmiera, Ventspils.
Placement of Orders
An order can be placed:
1) via phone 67 27 81 27
3) or by filling out the online application form (only customers with contract)
We recommend to conclude a service contract with us and receive a monthly invoice for City Express services or pay in cash at collection or receipt of the parcel (cash on delivery is possible only in the territory of Riga).
In the event you are not a regular customer, please, fill in the letter of warranty form and we will send you an invoice for the chosen service.
Each item has to be packed (in a box or envelope, depending on the size). We retain the rights to refuse delivery of improperly packed items.
Pickup from Rīga and Delivery in Latvia
The arrangement of collection should take place till 2 p.m. and the collection of the package – till 6 p.m. The delivery will take place on the next working day from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Lost or damaged packages, filing of complaints and compensation
In case the package is damaged, please sign for delivery and mark in the delivery confirmation form that the package is damaged. If you sign the delivery form without checking the box that the package is damaged, you will lose the right to file a complaint.
File a complaint
To file a complaint:
- Fill out the complaint form;
- Submit the invoice confirming the value of the package;
- in case the package is damaged, describe the packing, take a photo of it;
- in case the package is damaged: can the items be repaired, what are the costs of such repair work (EUR)? Can any parts of the package be used, give their value (EUR)?
- present any additional documents, if applicable, which might be of use for the assessment of the complaint;
Deadline for filing Loss or Damage Claims
The deadline for filing complaints for lost packages is 5 calendar days after establishing the fact of the package having been lost. The complaints for lost or damaged package items have to be submitted within 5 calendar days after receipt of the package.
Complaint examination term
According to generally accepted practice, complaints are dealt with within 8 – 12 weeks. City Express makes all efforts to complete the claim examination process within 30 days.
All parcels are insured. The insurance amount depends upon the required service.